Oops! Didn't really have time last night to update so here is my meal plan/ideas for the week. And sorry in advance for this being a boring picture-less entry.
1 Starch + 1 Protein + 1 Fruit
- I got myself some Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches at the Costco. They are only 250 calories and pretty good actually! They have egg white and turkey sausage to make things lighter. I know it isn't good to eat processed food but I know these will help me out by being quick and getting rid of the craving for an Egg Mcmuffin.
- Small bowl of cereal with skim milk
- Eggs and Canadian Bacon
+ Apples or grapefruit
(Breakfast is definitely not my problem)
Protein + Veggies + maybe 1 small starch
- Turkey and provolone roll ups
- Spinach salad
- Tuna melt
- Canned Soup
- I bought a few Lean Cuisines for if I'm in a bind or am craving pasta too much.
- This delicious looking mexican tostada thing
Protein + Veggies
- Chicken Parmesan with no pasta, just veggies on the side (This is the BEST RECIPE by my favorite healthy eating website, Skinnytaste)
- Fish Tacos on corn tortillas
- Egg Salad Sandwiches on low calorie/carb bread
- "Yummy salad" (Just a salad with whatever good things we have on hand -- hard-boiled eggs, small amount of bacon, apples, toasted almonds, etc.)
- A lower calorie chicken pot pie with just a top crust
- Lettuce wraps with ground turkey
- Chicken and broccoli
- Chicken tikka masala with cauliflower rice
Have to have 1 protein with each snack
- Apples with peanut butter
- Tilamook cheddar snack (just little pre-portioned pieces of sharp cheddar)
- Kashi Trail Mix granola bars
So there is my week! Or a little over a week probably. It looks like I need to figure out some more snacks so I'll keep you posted.
Stay tuned this week to see some recipes/tutorials for some of our dinners!